Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful For....

"Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood."  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is Thanksgiving morning and I'm thinking about my life and what I am thankful for this year.  I am firstly thankful that my life wasn't taken from me four and half years ago.  That I am alive to glory in this so called life.  That I am alive to experience the possibilities life has to offer.  I am thankful for my more than supportive family who have been by my side every step of the way on this journey since the accident.  I am thankful for friends who let me be me without any kind of judgment and who encourage me to blossom into the person they believe I already am deep inside my soul.  I am thankful for doctors who don't give up on my difficult case.  I am thankful for the lessons I have learned and all the people who have come and gone and come and stayed in my life because they have all helped shape who I am.  As I sit here and list off my thanks, it is important to remember that I must not just list them, but live by them.


"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.  ~John F. Kennedy


No comments: