Saturday, July 9, 2011

My Baby Jack White's 36th Birthday Today!

I must do a special blog post today for today is my idol's, my favorite musician's, the love of my life Jack White's birthday!!  Today Jack White, the youngest son of 7 boys and a sibling among 10 children in his family, turns 36.  If you do the math, this incredible musician that changed punk/garage rock, and my life, was born in 1975, July 9th.  He lives in Nashville but is originally from Detroit so I wonder if he spent his birthday this year in Nashville or his hometown.  Well, either way, I thought a lot about him today, not that I don't think about him pretty much everyday, but I was just thinking, how does a guy like Jack White spend his birthday?  Even though he is divorced now, was his ex-wife involved in the festivities?  I wonder if there was a little family celebration with his kids and then probably is going out later tonight for the crazy festivities with his friends.

Jack White came into my life around the end of 2000 when his White Stripes album, De Stijl came out.  I was instantly mesmerized and in love with his sound.  From then on, I couldn't get enough of him.  I slowly became more and more crazy about him, including finding out every possible fact there was to know about him, like his real name, his relationship with his White Stripes band mate, how tall he was, where he was from, his family, his personal idols and inspirations for his songwriting, etc.  And to this day, I know every move that man makes the minute he makes it and I grow more and more in love with him with each day, if that's possible.  And I'm not just in love with him because, well, he's crazy hot and cute and funny, but I think he's so incredibly talented and his sound is one of a kind.

During some incredibly tough times I had during college, Jack was always there for me and I know that sounds like I'm a little crazy but what I mean is, he was always there in the sense of his music.  And now, during the struggles that I'm going through now, his music is still there for me.  I could go on about Jack but I won't.  He is my guy.  I love ya Jack, and Happy Birthday.


For some fun with Jack, here are some recent fun clips from when Jack was on the immensely funny, Stephen Colbert  Report (just click on the link, even though it's not in blue text or underlined):

Jack White and Stephen Colbert - Catholic Throwdown

Jack White presents Stephen Colbert's Record

No comments: