Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Our Second Trip Up To Emigrant Springs - Labor Day Weekend

Last year we took a camping trip up to a cabin up at Emigrant Springs just out of La Grande, OR.  And this year we did the same thing in the same cabin so since it was the practically the same trip, I didn't go as camera happy as I did on our first camping trip experience at Emigrant Springs.  But it was a much needed trip.  I mostly just sat around in my super comfy Coleman chair stitching, trying to get ready for my church's Christmas Bazaar this year.  My mother and father spent most of their time reading.  And then there was taking care of our doggies and cooking meals but that was all fun stuff.  It was all fun.  I enjoyed it so much again I didn't want to leave to go back to my boring life at home.  Luckily we are heading out to go camping again this weekend up at Anthony Lakes and then next week we are off to this year's WBC - World Burn Congress. So it's a busy couple weeks for us, particularly me and my mom.  But I really enjoyed this weekend.  The cabin site was full and really busy this Labor Day weekend but it was still enjoyable and quiet in the woods.

 (Our traditional cabin)

 (Our cabin, cabin C1)

 (Our rescue dog, Buddy, soaking in the sun)

 (Pops bringing in some wood)

 (Pops reading his westerns)

 (Mum telling me she loves me in sign language)

 (Two of the dogs, Opal and Morgan in the kennel outside next to us)

 (Mum taking a nap in the early afternoon sun)

 (Dad putting hotdogs on the fork to get ready for lunch)

 (Our firepit area)

 (Dad roasting the dogs for lunch)



 (Dad and I....that's a really bad picture of me....but what isn't?)

 (Me trying to avoid a picture with my dad behind the camera)

 (Dad roasting marshmallows!!)

 (One of our breakfasts - the breakfast of champions!  Biscuits and gravy!)

 (Dad eating our staple snacking item - corn nuts)

 (Buddy sat in pitch area underneath a tree and got pitch all over his butt and hind legs.  Daddy had to clean it off)


 (Mum and I)

 (Enjoying the early afternoon sun)

 (Dad peaking through from the stove area while cooking stew for lunch)

 (Pops bringing up more wood from the camp host with Buddy by his side)



 (Pop making kindling)

 (Mum working on some crafts I started awhile ago that we were determined to get finished)





(The view of the woods from our picnic table area)

No comments: