Friday, September 24, 2010

Good FRIENDS Are Hard To Find

I had a coffee TWO hours (and i accentuate two because we had such an amazing time that it wasn't just a coffee hour, it was a coffee two hours) this morning with a very, very dear friend of mine named Kristen Larkin. She has just left and she has made me think how very hard good friends are hard to find. And I mean GOOD, TRUE, REAL, LOYAL friends. And I am happy to tell you Kristen, that you are one of those friends. You told me this morning that after the first time you saw me, you thought to yourself, "I am just so glad she is alive," and I have to tell you that I held in the tears when you said that but they are pouring now thinking back on that because only a good, true and real friend would have thought that INSTEAD of something like, "wow, she really got messed up." Many people might have said the latter because it would have been natural. But not my dear friend Kristen. She was just simply happy that I was able to be there that night because I survived my accident.

So it got me to thinking, how many GOOD, TRUE, REAL, AND LOYAL friends that I really have and it made me think that I have so very little because they are so hard to find. You can call a lot of people your friend, but how many of them are really your FRIEND in the true sense of the word? So many people you may call you friend are really just an acquaintance. It also got me thinking that even though I have very few FRIENDS, I have so many more NOW than I did before my accident so wow, I really didn't have any FRIENDS but more acquaintances and drinking buddies.

I know my accident has brought out a lot of people out of the woodwork that I may not have been in touch with had my accident not occurred but it also helped me find those GOOD, TRUE REAL, AND LOYAL FRIENDS that I may have never found, or even KNOWN what a friend really was. I am so very lucky to have the friends that I have now. But I must add that I am also lucky to have the acquaintances that I have as well because they have given me AMAZING support, just as my friends have.

So I thank some particular people whom I call my FRIEND, you know who you are. Thank you so much for being GOOD, TRUE, REAL AND LOYAL and most of all SUPPORTIVE through my journey. You have all made me cry while writing this post just thinking of you all. I can't believe how lucky I am to have found you or reconnected with you. So Kristen, thank you for inspiring this blog post and for being one of my DEAREST FRIENDS.

So for those of you who think you have a zillion friends, really think about what it means to be a friend and what it means to be your dearest friend. It's something to really think about.

1 comment:

mikee decker said...

Friends are very important through the good time and the bad and I'm glad you have found a few great one along the way.