Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Wish in Dandelion Dust

"Wishes are important.  You always have to believe that things can be better than they are now."  ~Mira Sorvino in the movie, "Like Dandelion Dust"

I watched a very powerful movie last night called, "Like Dandelion Dust" and it's an extremely powerful movie about biological parents trying to get their biological child back from the adoptive parents.  But there was a beautiful little moment in it with that line above and I think there's so much truth to it.  Wishes are important and it's just as important to always believe that things can be better than they are now.  I forget that a lot.  Very often I get stuck in my world of pain and suffering and I can't see past the hurt to believe that things can be better than they are at this moment.  Sometimes it's just too painful, too hard.  Sometimes I just don't want to because I can't believe in a better world for myself when the pain is so overwhelming.  But it's important to have hope and to believe that things can always be better than they are at that moment because otherwise you'll just get lost in that world of pain and suffering.

1 comment: