Thursday, April 26, 2012

Coldplay Concert

Well I had an amazing day on April 24th, 2012.  Well, it was a disappointing day that ended with an amazing flair.  My mother and I got tickets to go see the band Coldplay, which we both love immensely, when they went on sale just after Christmas and we'd been looking forward to that night for four months and it finally arrived.  Since I was gonna be in town, my burn doctor wanted to see me for a pre-op so I had an appointment at 2:00 to see him the same day of the concert.  So the morning of April 24th, we headed out for the trek to Portland and headed directly into the hospital to see him.  This is where the disappointing part of the day comes in.  First of all when he saw me, he just goes, "wow.  You look amazing my girl," and that made me smile cause I just love my doctor and when he says stuff like that to me makes me feel all super inside.  But then after a little bit of chit chat, he drops a bomb on me...he's not going to work on my lip.  Reason is he saw how bad my neck has gotten and since it's all connected between my lip and my neck, he doesn't want to do work on my lip just to have my neck fuck it up so he's pushing the lip back for another surgery date.  My heart sank.  I've been waiting for this lip to be worked on and fixed finally for four years now and my hopes really got put up there because he aimed to really finally get it done but hopes were dashed on Tuesday after seeing him.  So he's going to work on my neck again and release contractures around the corners of my mouth.  And he's bringing in my original burn doctor, Dr, Pulito to assist him on this next surgery.

So after that appointment I was feeling irritated and upset because my lip was not going to get done.  Even looking forward to the concert wasn't helping and I was trying hard not to ruin this evening for my mom.  Or myself.  I was still in a mood when we were walking down to the Rose Garden from our hotel and even when we got in our seats and still even when the two support bands played.  But that quickly dissolved when Coldplay took the stage.  When the doors opened to the Garden and they scanned our tickets they handed us all these bracelets that we were supposed to wear during the concert as it was part of the bands act.  And as soon as they took the stage and started their first song everyone's bracelets lit up with twinkly lights.  It was so much fun and so beautiful looking out over the audience seeing all the lights twinkling different colors.  And my God, Coldplay rocked.  Chris Martin, the lead singer has energy to no end and he puts on a performance.  He runs around, jumps up and down, spins.  And they are truly such a gracious band.  I smiled and screamed and sang the whole time.  It had been awhile since I'd been to a concert, four or five years actually, so it felt amazing and good to do something big like that.  For four hours, I kinda forgot my life as it is now and almost felt free of my sorrows.  It was an amazing feeling.  I enjoyed it so much.  What a night.







2 comments:

ML said...

That is awesome you were able to go and see Coldplay live! Sounds like it was an amazing time.

Sorry about the delay in the lip surgery. I can't imagine how frustrating that is for you especially since you've been waiting a long time to have it done. I have to say though when hearing that Dr, Pulito would assist Garrett on the next surgery... I thought to myself how great that he will be involved in it too. It's like the big gun is now involved in it all. So there is some comfort in knowing that two great doctors will be involved in in this surgery.
So while I hate that you have to keep going with surgeries that are often painful.. at the same time its just another move forward. I think this is a good thing!

alisa c said...

hey sweet pea / I like your writing, and the bracelets that lit up are coolio, wish u didn't live so far away / u always have a guest room in portland if u wanna come 4 a longer visit xoxo~kisses