Monday, December 3, 2012

Surgery #37

I'm having surgery again this morning.  My fifth one in six months and 37th overall.  But it's a smaller surgery. Should only take a couple hours and it's supposed to just be a day surgery but I've never had a day surgery in my life.  Even when I was scheduled to have a day surgery once before they still decided to keep me overnight in the burn center.  So we'll see if this really is going to be a day surgery today. I really hope so.  I don't feel like another hospital stay.

So this surgery is to put a tissue expander in my neck, the right side of my neck.  And the intention is to blow up the expander with saline solution over time so that it gets bigger and bigger and stretches the skin in my neck.  Once the doctor decides there's enough skin, I will go back into surgery to have it taken out and the stretched skin will be pulled around the right side of my neck where I keep having problems with that contracture.  This way it is less likely to contract.  That's the theory anyway.  This will be my fifth expander so this process is not new to me.

Once again I am nervous and anxious to do surgery again.  I don't like being put to sleep.  It frightens me the most.  Surgery is at 10AM with a check in at 8AM.  So I guess I better wrap it up and get ready cause we'll be leaving soon.  Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.  They mean so much to me and I really need them so thank you.  See you after.

No comments: