Thursday, May 2, 2013

Dealing With Life's Difficulties



For the past five years now, life has been dragging me back with difficulty after difficulty after difficulty.  Maybe even a few years longer than the accident.  But most particularly since the accident.  The difficulties have been things from losing my independent life to surgery complications to complications in recovery to the physical pain and the emotional pain.  Sometimes I've dealt with these difficulties little bits at a time and sometimes they've hit me all at once to deal with.  I don't know what's worse, difficulties coming at you piece by piece day after day or having a break from it all for a short while only to have it all hit you at once for a few days.  But it seems that for me, I'm dealing with one or more difficulties every day.  Every single day.  I never get a break.  I like the above quote because it gives me hope that these difficulties that hammer me every day and drag me back will finally release someday and launch me with incredible strength into something so great beyond anything I imagined for myself post accident.  I have to hope.

2 comments:

simplegrl74 said...

I know it's hard to see, but I can tell that your arrow has already been shot forward several times. It may not feel that way to you and I know there is a lot going on behind the scenes, but your progress and determination has been incredible! Plus, you've touched so many and helped them with their arrows. Hang in there, Beautiful. You are amazing.

Sarah Beth Watterson said...

Thank you so very much. I appreciate you saying that my arrow has already been shot forward several times but as you said, it is so hard to see, and feel. I feel stuck like a nail in wood and all the difficulties in my life just keep hammering me further into the wood. I'm tired of dealing with everything day after day yet somehow I make it through the day and wake up each morning. I just wish I could wake up each morning to a day free of any difficulty. I know everyone deals with difficulties in their own lives but I just never get a break. I'm hit with some kind of difficulty every moment of every day and I'm tired. But thank you for saying such kind things. It's comments like yours that help keep me fighting and waking up each morning.