Sunday, April 25, 2010

Breakfast with My Best of the Best

This morning I saw my best of the best friend for 22 years that I hadn't seen for over 10 years. It's Corrie, the one who ran the half marathon in my honor. Anyway, her and her twin sister and their guys (corrie's boyfriend and Kate's husband) came down to Baker where her parents are to visit for the weekend and on the way back they wanted to pass through and have breakfast with me. So Corrie and Kate and Bobbie (mama) came up ahead of the boys, as they were still hunting, and we had breakfast together and oh how fun it was. And how so very special. These girls are like my second family (except for the nurses at the burn center lol) and I hadn't seen them in over 10 years. So we had breakfast and just chatted away talking about old and new things. It was so wonderful. I love these girls so much that it just broke my heart watching them drive away after we'd come back to the house to talk some more for a bit. I miss them so much already.

But I also got to meet their guys for the first time and I highly approve of both of them! lol! Mike, Corrie's boyfriend, and Keith, Kate's husband both seem like grade A guys. I'm so happy for them but it once again makes me feel so alone. I just know Corrie's going to get married to Mike. I just know he's the one. And I'm happy for both of them but I'm also jealous, IN A GOOD WAY, of the companionship that they have. I am just so lonely for that kind of companionship. But I'm so happy that they both have it with really good guys. Cause if anyone hurt EITHER of them, they'd have me to answer to :)

I am very lucky to have Corrie. Both her and Kate. They are true, true friends, much like Clay and Jen, and Sam and Jamie. But they are old school friends. People i've known for 22 years and are so very special to me. How many people my age can say they have a true real friend of 22 years? So I want to thank you, Corrie, and Kate, for being my bestest friends for so long. I know we lost touch for quite awhile but when I saw you today, it was like we had been close for all these years. But I know the reason is because we've been close in heart and soul. I love you Corrie. and I love you too Kate abnd Bobbie! Gosh, you are all just so dear to my heart that I hope we never lose touch again. I love you guys!

From left to right: Corrie, Bobbie, Kate

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Friends are a blessing from the Lord!

Sharae said...

I am so glad that you got to spend some time with them! Good friends are so important to be around! They not only are there for support but also for some good laughs and good memories! :)

Kate said...

We love you Sarah Beth!!!