Sunday, April 18, 2010

Discovering a New and Old Friend

A big smile was put on my face today when I was chatting with an old acquaintance and we discovered that we both went to the same gradeschool over in Baker City together and had some of the same teachers! We also both had the same teacher for Kindergarten. After fourth grade though I left to move to La Grande and he left to go to a Christian School. But it was just a crazy conversation that it brought happiness to my heart and a smile to my face. I've known him for some time now and never knew that we grew up together for a short bit in a different city when we were younger.

He also took care of me today by dropping off a movie, a book, his CD (he has a band), and a magazine for my entertainment today. I wish I could hang out with him cause we will have so much to talk about! but i'm just not ready for company yet. Perhaps after my next surgery I'll be ready. I hope so because he is such a good guy and I'm lucky to be friends with him.

Speaking of friends! Guess who finally contacted me?! Yes, my irish boy Colin Gallagher. I found him on Facebook months ago and requested to be friends and it was awhile before I heard back and when I finally did my heart was racing I was so excited. He wrote an extensive letter telling me that he is not on facebook that often and told me what he was up to and what was going on in his life. He accepted my friend request but I don't bother to write on his wall because as he said, he rarely gets on. But I did get another letter the other day from him! He told me he was thinking of me and all that I'm going through. He's in a relationship so don't be getting all matchmaker on me and so is my other friend. He's actually married. So I am surrounded by friends who are either in a relationship or married. And that's hard because I so do desire to have that kind of companionship. I feel so alone.

No comments: