Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The First 2010 Winter Downpour


















Can I just say I LOVE THIS SEASON!!! AND I LOVE THE SNOW! It just "smells" like the holiday season even though snow doesn't smell, but ya know what I mean? This is a picture of our first 2010 winter downpour - about 4 inches - and let me tell you it is COLD outside too! But I love it.

Unfortunately I must admit that I am and am not at the same time one of those people who gets into the Christmas season after Halloween. When I say I am and am not I mean I do get into Christmas in terms of decorating with Christmas decorations around the house and sometimes even listening to Christmas music BUT I also get into Thanksgiving too. The only reason I start decorating in Christmas right after Halloween is because I don't have any Thanksgiving decorations! So, I just get right into Christmas.

But I am NOT one of those Black Friday Shoppers where I get up at 3am just to go shopping. I understand that yes, you probably do get incredible deals but I just can't deal with all the insane shoppers and I think it's a little insane to get up at 3am to go get a good deal anyway. But I suppose I also understand if you have a lot of people to buy for so you need the big deals. But I don't. So I slowly buy presents as the season rolls around.

Hot Cocoa and peppermint brittle (for those of you who don't know what that is it's like peanut brittle only peppermint) are also in order for this beginning downpour and beginning of this fun holiday season!!! YAY!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had to laugh when I read this! I too, prefer the comforts of my bed to the long lines of a department store at insane hours! Tonight however, I have commited myself to shopping at Wal Mart (heather's hell) in order to save my sweet sister some bucks on electronics, under the christmas tree for her wonderful teenagers...my sweet nieces and nephews :) While Ive dreaded this and always sworn I would NEVER do this, Im sorta excited tonight....not about standing next to the lazy man in the wal mart go kart...but about making a crazy memory w/ my sister :)