Friday, November 5, 2010

A Heightened Level of Anxiety

I love peppermint coffee in the Fall/Winter. It just starts out my morning right and sets the mood for a wonderful afternoon when you have a cup later in the day. I am having a cup right now and it makes me feel all cozy inside after the busy morning I had.

We went to go get my blood drawn...AGAIN!! And of course they resorted to the knuckle vein that hurts like hell. But after poking me four times that was their last and only option since it usually is a good one for giving blood. Then we had to go to the church and drop off my crafts for the bazaar. THEN we went to the college to go pay for my online class only to find out that they are not accepting payments for winter term until after December 11th. So we went and tried to get my student ID....same thing. So that was a waste of time. Should have called.

Well, it's 3 days until my 25th surgery and my anxiety level is a little higher than normal for several of the same old reasons but one reason is new. And that is my father is going to be there instead of my mother. Now my mother has been there for EVERY surgery and she is my caretaker, I'm very close to my mother. My father, on the other hand, hasn't been there for a surgery in a LOOOOONG time. So I'm going to be missing my mother's support very much. Not that I don't love my father, but my mother is not just my mother, she has become my caretaker as well and knows how to go through the surgery process with me. My father does not. So this has taken my anxiety to a whole new level that I do not like.

So my dad is only gonna be able to stay until Wednesday and then he leaves to go back to work. My mother will then come back on the weekend and take me home. So that leaves two days where I'm all by myself, which I really don't like when I'm in the hospital. You have no idea how long a day it is when you're all by yourself. It is such a long day, so lonely, and so boring. So I am not looking forward to this hospital stay, not that I ever do, but this one more than any other.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Every time I read one of your blogs I am reminded of how fortunate I am, and to be thankful for all the little things in my life. Thank YOU, Sarah!