Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Frayed Knot At The End Of My Rope

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."  ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

I am at the end of my rope today and I can't really tell you why.  And the knot at the end of my rope is coming loose so it's getting harder and harder to hang on.  People who can't say, "I'm sorry," really get to me.  Fake people get to me.  Mean people get to me.  Arrogant people get to me.  Superficial people get to me.  Dishonest and disloyal people get to me.  Ignorant people get to me.  People who can't fucking say they're sorry get to me.  Well, guess what?  I want a fucking apology from a certain someone and actually, there's a couple people I want apologies from.  One knows who they are but I'm most certain the others are so ignorant to their superficiality that they don't even know they owe me an apology.  But I'll never hear those words.

This is supposed to be a nice weekend as it nears my birthday so it's kind of a "birthday weekend" but instead it's turned into this and the knot at the end of my rope is almost loose.  It's getting harder and harder to hang on.  I've kept this inside for awhile now but then something exploded today and it's put me at the end of this crappy, fraying rope of my patience with people and friends, or so called "friends," I should say.  Is it so hard to throw out your arrogance and say you're sorry when it's called for?  Is it so hard to try and see that superficial part of you staring you back in the mirror and develop some character and say you're sorry and really mean so that you actually feel it deep in your gut?  Is it so hard?  Are you truly challenged by this phenomenon of being sorry for your arrogance and superficiality that hurt me and saying it to my face with true sincerity?  It sickens me that you are.  And what hurts me just as bad is that you make excuses for the lack of those words, the lack of friendship when I truly need it, the lack of love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Happy Birthday! I hope it is a great one, and I hope that things are better for you from here on out.

Sarah Beth Watterson said...

Thank you Aaron!! I hope this year is full of possibilities and hopefully a little more happiness. We'll see...