Monday, January 30, 2012

Jack White's First Solo Album!!

JACK WHITE IS COMING OUT WITH A SOLO ALBUM!!!!  YEEEEEHAW BABY!!!!  It's about time. I, including many of my new friends who are also Jack White fans, have been waiting for this from him for awhile now and it's finally here!!  The digital single will be available tonight, the 7" available on Feb 7th (of which I have already pre-ordered) and the full album, "Blunderbuss," will be out on April 23/24.  The first single, "Love Interruption"  is amazing.  I love it.  click here to have your first listen to the genius of his first solo single.  Jack has a unique creative talent that is undeniable and uniquely crafted.  Jack is unique.  He is my favorite musician, has been for 12 years now, and he can help get me through my darkest days with his music.  And if you don't know, or if you do, I haven't been doing too well lately and I've been spending a lot of my time in bed, lights off with a Jack White record spinning (be it The White Stripes, The Raconteurs, or the Dead Weather) and tears softly hitting my pillow.  And there are times when I'm in the darkest of the dark where I just want to take my record player into the bathroom so I can listen to Jack as I slowly fall asleep and end the fight.  But so far I've fought that urge with the help of Jack and my friends and family.

A quote from Jack about his first solo album:

"...an album I couldn't have released until now. I've put off making records under my own name for a long time but these songs feel like they could only be presented under my name. These songs were written from scratch, had nothing to do with anyone or anything else but my own expression, my own colors on my own canvas."


You have a way with words and music, Jack, cause that was perfect.  I love ya, man.


No comments: