Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Happy 38th Birthday, Jack!!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK!!!!

Today is my love's birthday.  Jack White was born John Anthony Gillis July 9th, 1975, the youngest of ten children of Teresa and Gorman Gillis.  His first instrument was the drums at the age of six and since then he has never stopped learning instruments, learning music and writing music.  He is truly an amazing musician and my favorite musician ever, since the first time I heard De Stijl.  I was immediately in love with him and his music.  His music has gotten me through some incredibly tough times in my life, especially now.  I can spin a record of his and have wet tears on my face from the time I put the needle down on the record, lay down and close my eyes and listen to his music and by the time the needs runs out of music to play, the tears have dried.  I forget my pain and anguish for the time being that his music fills up my world and I get lost in it.  He has that power over me and my pain.  He helps heal me.  Thank you, Jack, for being you.  For being brave to be who you are and giving me and millions of us your gift.  You mean so much to me.  Thank you for all that you do.  Happy 38th birthday, Jack.  


No comments: