Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Trying to Pick Up and Keep Going


If I've learned anything from life, it's that sometimes the darkest times can bring us to the brightest places.  I've learned that the most toxic people can teach us the most important lessons;  that our most painful struggles can grant us the most necessary growth; and the most heartbreaking losses of friendship and love can make room for the most wonderful people.

I've learned that what seems like a curse in the moment can actually be a blessing, and that what seems like the end of the road is actually just the discovery that we are meant to travel down a different path.

I've learned that no matter how difficult things seem, there is always hope.  And I've learned that no matter how powerless we feel or how horrible things seem, we can't give up.

We have to keep going.  Even when it's scary, even when all of our strength seems gone, we have to keep picking ourselves back up and moving forward, because whatever we're battling in the moment, it will pass, and we will make it through.  We've made it this far.  We can make it through whatever comes next.

~Daniell Koepke


A dear friend of mine, whom just started out as a facebook friend with one thing in common - Jack White - has grown into a dear friend and as we speak more and more and learn more about each other, she is becoming even dearer to me.  We've been having chats that can get pretty long and take up an entire afternoon or morning but I don't mind on the time.  I really enjoy talking with her because she brings such light into my life and helps me to see things through a little differently or sometimes she's just there to help me get off whatever's on my mind.  She's learned a lot about me and I'm slowly learning a lot about her.  I knew she was an amazing woman but as I've gotten to know her better, I wasn't prepared for just how spectacular she is.  She is an angel to me.  And I am so lucky to have her in my life and so very lucky to have her as my friend.  She is a real, true friend.

This was posted on my wall yesterday and I thought it was amazing.  It fit me so well with what I'm going through, right now especially.  I'm in a very dark place right now and I'm trying to find the light in it all.  Hopefully I will find one of those bright places that this darkness can lead us to and with the help of my friends, family and my angels, I will pick up and keep going.

No comments: