Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I Really Am A Gypsy

This should so be the theme song of my life going all the way back to the beginning of high school then particularly in New York City and if I continue on with my life, my life will continue to be lived along the lines of this song.  I have always just been "gypsy-like" in the way that I lived in every aspect.  I was never capable of attachment in relationship, I was always just "one of the guys" and I never realized if someone liked me cause I thought we were friends and were just playing around!  Then I was just plain stupid when it came to realizing if someone liked me.  All my life, I've just expected or demanded or asked people to just go along with me, come with me wherever I go even if they don't have the promise of a full commitment from me.  That was a major problem in my life and in relationships.  In New York City I was a total gypsy in every way possible.  I have constantly been hurt (emotionally) and always found a way to "sew the pieces back on" and get on with it, get over it. I have also hurt A LOT of people completely unintentionally because of that very reason.  Also the lyrics, "I never made agreements, cause I'm a gypsy, And I won't back down, Cause life's already hurt me," as well as one more, "Scars remind us, just how far that we've come," REALLY speak to me.  That is until I had my accident and now I'm having a bit harder time doing that cause of the anger I harbor.  But it's funny, I'm a rock 'n roll girl man!  My theme song should be some kind of rockin' out song like maybe even Journey's, "Don't Stop Believin'" and maybe that's my second theme song cause after all, I always did want my life to be a musical so I gotta have more than just one song, right?  So it's funny the song I really identify with is a fucking pop song by fucking Shakira for Christ's sake.  The song I MOST IDENTIFY with is of course a song written by Jack White for his band The Raconteurs: "You Don't Understand Me."  Well, Read the lyrics carefully, they are exactly me throughout my whole life.  P.S.  Helps a little that in the video, my Spanish tennis baby Rafa Nadal is in it but that's not why...seriously, it's the lyrics.  I'm all about the lyrics in every song.


"Gypsy" by Shakira


Broke my heart
Down the road
Spend the weekend
Sewing the pieces back on

Crayons and dolls pass me by
Walking gets too boring
When you learn how to fly

Not the homecoming kind
Take the top off
And who knows what you might find

Won't confess all my sins
You can bet I'll try it
But I can't always win

[Chorus]
'Cause I'm a gypsy
But are you coming with me?
I might steal your clothes
And wear them if they fit me
I never made agreements
Just like a gypsy
And I won't back down
'Cause life's already hurt me
And I won't cry
I'm too young to die
If you're gonna quit me
'Cause I'm a gypsy

('Cause I'm a gypsy)

I can't hide
what I've done
Scars remind me
Of just how far that I've come
To whom it may concern
Only run with scissors
When you want to get hurt

[Chorus]

I said hey you
You're no fool
If you say 'NO'
Ain't it just the way life goes?
People fear what they don't know
Come along for the ride (Oh yeah)
Come along for the ride (ooohhh)



Music Video to "Gypsy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3-GiVIE8gc&ob=av2e

No comments: