Monday, March 25, 2013

Full of Frustration

I am becoming more and more frustrated with this situation with my shoulder/arm.  I almost had a little breakdown when I tried to reach for my book today, which was sitting on the side table next to me on my right side and because I can't lift my arm, I basically reached up with my hand and crawled my fingers towards the book but in the process I knocked down the TV controller, the DVD controller, my rice bag and my glasses and I still didn't manage to get my book.  I just flopped my arm down and shut my eyes hoping tears wouldn't start.  Thankfully, they didn't.  Then I began the process of picking everything up that I could, slowly, and trying to put them back without knocking them or something else back down.

I emailed G for a couple reasons:  he wanted me to let him know in a couple weeks how those Kenalog shots worked out and I wanted to make him aware that I had called his medical assistant about getting set up with physical therapy but  haven't heard on it yet and also what he wanted to do next - like see me again in a few weeks or hear from me after I've had some therapy and see how my shoulder is doing, etc.  I told him the Kenalog shots seemed only to work temporarily with relaxing the contractures cause I feel tight again and I feel the contractures pulling.  The right side of my neck where I just had surgery is definitely better, definitely looser than it was before but it is still pulling a bit.  I need to be wearing a collar, specifically the Watusi collar but, I can't until this spot where I have skin necrosis happening on my neck is healed.  Who knows how long that is going to take.  The longer I wait to wear the Watusi collar the worse my neck will get, the tighter it will get.  So I also feel frustrated with that.

I'm just full of frustration lately between my arm/shoulder, the pain with that, and the situation with my neck.  I know G is in surgery all day today but, he's in clinic tomorrow so maybe I'll hear something from him tomorrow about what his plans are.  Meanwhile, I pray for patience.

No comments: