Saturday, March 23, 2013

MRI Update

We are people helping people this morning.  My mom, dad and brother have been working very hard cleaning out a lot of things in the house that we just don't need/use anymore and hauling it off to "People Helping People."  I would help but I can't do much with my shoulder.  So I feel a little helpless.  But, they got quite a bit of good stuff out there to them and stuff that isn't so nice is being prepared to go to the dump.

OK, so, an update on what's going on with me.  I got a call Thursday from G's medical assistant that the MRI did not show any damage or tear to my rotator cuff.  So, he's wondering if there is some kind of severe bruising in my shoulder muscles from the weight of the tissue expander causing my problems.  He wants me to try some physical therapy on it and see what happens with that.  I'm waiting for the referral to go through and get a call to set up an appointment at the physical therapy at the hospital here - Grande Ronde Hospital.  So, good news...I don't have to have rotator cuff surgery.  But I don't know if down the line, if physical therapy doesn't work and I still can't lift my right arm, if some kind of other surgery is going to be necessary.  I hope not.  But, you never know with me.  I'm a wild card.

I am still having pain and I still can't lift my arm even halfway to shoulder height.  I have tried to do research on the inability to lift an arm but it's hard to research that.  You get a lot of weird stuff.  What I have gotten out of it is everything points to problems with the rotator cuff.  But, my MRI shows no problems with my rotator cuff!  Which, don't get me wrong, is great.  But, maybe you can understand my frustration when even though there's relief from the clean MRI, there's still no clear answer as to why I'm having pain and why I can't freaking lift my arm!  I guess we'll see what happens with physical therapy.  Hopefully something good. Cause I am most tired of this pain and a bum arm.

No comments: