Monday, March 15, 2010

Problems with My Diabetes

I am having problems with my diabetes. I am fighting the 200's daily and that's not good for many reasons. For those of you not familiar with healthy glucose levels it is anywhere from 80-120. My fasting sugar levels are in the 200's and that's terribly not good because if that is the case the morning of my surgeries, they will be canceled and I will be devastated. This has happened to me once before and it was horrible. These upcoming surgeries are very important because they will give me greater mobility in my arms. This could lead to some more independence like taking a shower by myself for once or reaching up to get a glass out of the cupboard without any help. Oh, to wash my own hair would truly be an amazing feeling that I don't know if I'll be able to describe. But none of this will happen if I don't get my diabetes under control. We think an increase in a certain medication may be at fault cause I'm not eating so badly that it would be as high as it is lately.

I hate having diabetes. I prayed and prayed that it would never happen to me after it hit my brother so badly and almost killed him and here I am, a diabetic. They think it was trauma induced with the help of my high hereditary chances of getting it. I am insulin dependent and have to take a pill on top of it too. Looks like that prayer was ignored.

So please for those of you reading this and believe in the power of prayer, if you could please pray for my diabetes to get under control for surgery. I would truly be forever in your debt.

5 comments:

The crazy chaos I call life... said...

Hang in there.. we're all thinking of you!

Unknown said...

I'm here today because of answered prayer! I feel privileged to be able to pray for you, Sarah.

Sharae said...

We are definetely keeping you in our prayers!!! Let me know if I can help in any way! LOVE YOU!

jenrock said...

You are constantly in my prayers, but I'm doubling up!
Love and peace and smaller numbers.

Unknown said...

Please don't take this wrong way, I don't mean it to be negative, but sometimes God's answers to prayers is "no". "God please let me not get diabetes." "God please let me win the lottery." etc... Your prayer wasn't ignored, it's just that the answer was no.