Sunday, March 28, 2010

Report on My Post-Worship Prayer Service

I have to say my post-worship prayer service went amazing. It made me cry, for many reasons. One, it was just so moving, and two, I was surrounded by people who chose to be there, people who were my closest, dearest friends and close members of the church.

What happened was everyone put their hands on me and Clay said a prayer, then a moment of silence where anyone could say anything if they felt it and a couple people did. Then Clay said a few more words and then anointed me on the forehead with real holy oil from the holy land. It was amazing. I was so touched that tears were just pouring onto my sweatshirt as my head was bowed during the prayers. I even had a dear friend who goes to another church and happened to read my blog about what was happening this morning and put her clothes back on and headed out to our church to be there for me. Thank you Jamie. but thank you to EVERYONE who was there. It truly touched my heart and my soul and in that moment with you guys, I felt God's presence for the first time since my accident.

I am so lucky to be a part of the La Grande Methodist Church and particularly to be close friends with my pastor cause he truly rocks...and so does his rockin' wife :) But all the members there are rockstars, as Clay would say. Thank you for your prayers every Sunday, even when I'm not there. How lucky am I to have such a support system.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a blessing it is to be a member of the family of God! I have been praying that you would feel God's presence in your life, and it sounds like God answered my prayer for you. :-) God hears our prayers and answers them, but in His way and in His time! Praise the name of the Lord! God is watching over you, Sarah.