Friday, March 5, 2010

Surgeries #20-26

I just had another doctor appointment yesterday for another expansion so I'm in a lot of pain but I thought I'd take a moment to update you on what's going on.

My next surgery is March 29th, 2010, and I am having about 6 operations done. They are going to release both my shoulders, my left elbow, regraft my mouth (where it didn't take), release my breasts and work on reconstructing them, and lastly, liposuction my thighs and use that skin for all those releases.

I will be in the hospital for aobut 9-10 days and i'm gonna be hurtin for certain, like always i guess. but I'm gonna really be laid up with both my shoulders done. I'm gonna be relying on the nurses a lot. I'm really excited they're going to work on my breasts cause they are very scarred and don't hang like normal breasts due to the scar bands. Because of that I haven't felt like a woman in a long time. I haven't worn a bra in 2 years because the scar bands hold them down so tightly I don't need one and two, they don't fit right.

I am also excited to get my shoulders released because maybe now I will be able to shower myself! This will be a big feat for me. Maybe even reach something out of the cupboard and put my underwear and pants on myself! This is going to be major surgeries because they mean greater mobility.

I am however, very very scared about the intebation process. I don't know what they'll do if they can't get me intebated again and a repeat of my last surgery happens. I dont know where they'll get the skin. They've never been able to intebate me easily but this last time was really bad and I'm scared it's gonna happen again. I'm so very scared.

I have another appointment next week for another expansion. The surgery that these expansions are preparing for will probably happen a month or so later than these scheduled surgeries. So that's the news.

1 comment:

David said...

i will praying for you that everything will go according to plan with no complications. everything is gonna turn out great.