Saturday, March 6, 2010

My Irish boy Colin

I am sitting here searching the web hoping to earn some swagbucks and i'm listening to my itunes. Oasis comes on and I immediately break down. My first year in New York one of my bar spouses and best friend took me to an Oasis concert. He's Irish and I love them Irish men :) But we were kind of a combination of dating and best friends. Anyway, we worked in the theater district so he had regulars that would hook him up with tickets to whatever he wanted. So the one time he took me out was to an Oasis concert cause he knew I loved Oasis and he got us box seats to the concert! It was such a special night. We had a blast. He was like that though, always taking me somewhere or doing something with me that I had been wanting to do. He did it several times. There was another time he knew how much I love Billy Joel so he got hooked up with front row tickets to Billy Joel's musical, "Movin' Out." He also took me to my first baseball game at the Yankee Stadium where he rooted on the yankees and I rooted on the Mariners, drank beer and I zoomed in on Rodriguez's butt on my camera :) LOL. We had some very special special times together and I miss my Irish boy Colin. I miss you Colin. I miss you New York.

3 comments:

Sharae said...

Calling all Irish boys named Colin.....
Sarah- that sounded like so much fun! I love hearing stories like that :) You can't help but smile when you remember those awesome times you have had! Just think of all the awesome ones to come.....!

Unknown said...

What a fun memory! Keep those memories coming.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, Colin here. Just sent u a message on facebook. 6 years being a long time. Last time i think i saw u was lying on your sofa in queens when I was helping adam to move back to arizona. U were lying curled up on sofa, defintley hungover. I curl up like that when i'm hungover to this day.
Very very touched with your blog about me. Brought back good memories. Laughed to myself about A Rod's ass. I remember your camera. What was the oasis song that reminded u of old times? I always remember going to movie theatre on 54st and sneaking red wine in.
I'm reading your whole blog now and I'm speechless and my heart has fallen to the floor of what has happened u. I pray all goes well in the morning sarah, my mother is the most religious person i know and i will text her . Your Irish Boy is with u in Spirit Sarah, pull through this. And listen to Live Forever from Oasis when u read this blog. Good luck Sarah and facebook me when your true this. xx Colin