Sunday, May 16, 2010

Under Great White Northern Lights

I'm sitting up, it's 4:30am and I havent been able to sleep because of restless legs. So I just finally got up out of bed and popped in Under Great White Northern Lights and started watching again.

I am in awe of Jack White and what he does. He's an amazing musician and person. What he does is so real and raw, the way they should be. No two shows are ever the same. As he said in Under Great White Northern Lights, he puts his picks at the back of the stage so that if he drops one it's more work to go get one then if it was taped to his mic stand. Same goes for the organ. He places it a little bit farther away so that he has to make an extra leap to get to it. He is so unique in those ways.

It's almost as if he makes me proud, like him his damn mother or wife or something. It almost makes me sick the way that I feel about him but I can't help it. He has been here for me for over 10 years with his music. He has been a constant in this tumultuous life I have lived. I wrote to a friend who is also a big fan and told her that he has never faltered to be there for me when I needed someone and never has he faltered to create a shift in my mood when I was in need of one.

This new documentary is so fabulous in that it really shows who Jack is. He's actually a very funny guy and most of all, so very talented. I was always impressed since their debut album De Stijl, but this documentary left me even more impressed with their talents. And I think it will leave the same impression on you if you watch it, which I strongly suggest. My biggest wish, besides my dream of being an actress, is to someday meet him. I think my tongue would be frozen and I wouldn't know what to say. But I still pray for it and wish it. He has a Dead Weather concert coming in Portland in July and I would love to make it but I don't know if I will be able to with surgeires and everything related to my health.

Well Jack, I love you dearly and I hope I get to meet you some day.

No comments: