Sunday, May 27, 2012

Jack White Tomorrow!!!

Tomorrow I get to see Jack White in concert on his first ever solo tour!!!  The concert is in Eugene, Oregon and I'm going with a very dear friend of mine who used to live here in La Grande but has since moved to Portland, well, Hillsboro to be exact.  But tomorrow I am venturing out on my own, unaccompanied by my parents and spending a night away from home for the first time in four years (not counting hospital stays).  When I first told my parents of my wishes to do this, I was pleasantly surprised at how easy going they were about it.  I think it may mostly have had to do with their knowledge of my excessive love for Jack White and how much this will mean to me to go and see him.  And finding rides to and back from Portland has been relatively smooth.  I had a little trouble finding a ride back from Portland because it is on the day after memorial day when people will be back at work but I did finally find a ride with an old friend from high school.

My day on Monday will be a long and tiring day but I think it will all be so exciting that it will keep me energized through to the night.  Monday I leave from La Grande to head out on a first, 265 mile trek to Portland to meet up with my friend whom I'm going to the concert with.  From there we will travel another 2 hours to get to Eugene for the concert.  Then the concert starts at 8:00pm but we will be there when the doors open at 7:00 to get our will call tickets and buy some swag.  The concert could be anywhere from around 3 hours and then we gotta make the trek back to Portland where my friend lives and where I'm staying the night.  So needless to say, it's gonna be a long, but very exciting day.  But I just keep telling myself, I'm gonna see Jack!!!

I plan on documenting my whole trip with my superfly video camera that I got this last Christmas cause this is something to be documented and never forgotten :)  It's a small video camera so I'm trying to figure out ways to sneak it into the concert and then of course, the next challenge is sneaking ways to use it in the concert.  But I'm a rebel and I'm gonna try :)  So stay tuned to see clips and photos of my Jack White expedition.

No comments: