Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Night with New Yet Old and Dear Friends

Last night I spent an evening with four friends who are near and dear to my heart, but two of them were new to seeing me, though I have been friends with them since college. I was exremely nervous seeing them but as soon as I got out of the car and began walking up to their house, they both came out immediately showering me with hugs, real true hugs. And they made me feel loved all night long. I swelled with their love. They didn't make me feel like a disfigured freak. They treated me just as they treated me years ago in college. Despite my nervousness, which never truly faded, I began to settle in and behave with confidence because they backed me up.

We chatted and played games that made us laugh endlessly. Kristen and Jon are my new (yet old) friends that I know I can confide in and comfort me when I'm lonely. I already miss their hugs and their laughter. I had been in a deep depression for this whole week and they truly pulled it out of me....at least for the night and hopefully a couple days of after effect.

So thank you to Kristen and Jon, as well as Sam and Jamie, and Clay and Jen, for loving me. It makes me want to cry cause you have made me so happy. You know if this accident had never happened to me, I don't think I'd be making the friends that I am. I've never really had friends like Kristen, Jon, Jamie, Sam, Clay and Jen. I mean, I had them in college, except for Clay and Jen, but I lost touch with them and through this accident I have found them again. And I am so lucky I have because these are real, true friends. Friends that have your back and friends that will look past your scars. I hold you dear to my lonely and broken heart. May you help piece it back together with your beautiful friendship and love. Thank you.

1 comment:

jmee2 said...

We love you too, Sarah! I hope you know that! We are in full support of you and your struggles and will do whatever it takes to make you believe that you are worth it! hugs to you and thanks for the laughs last night! :) I think we all needed it!