Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Doctor Appt 12/27/11 and Christmas

Well, I had a follow up appointment yesterday and it went well.  Garrett took a look at my latest grafts and donor site and then we talked about surgery, which will be end of Jan or sometime in February.  He's going to do my lip, possibly the corners of my mouth since they're so tight, the sides of my neck where contractures have formed AGAIN and the backs of my axillas.  He's most likely going to do allograft again so that has to stay on for a week and then I go in to have the autograft done (which is the taking and using of my own skin) so I'll be having two surgeries again and be in the hospital for at least two weeks again as well.  But all in all it was a good appointment.  At the end, he sat up and came over to me to give me a hug - a sweet Garrett hug :)  So now I'm just waiting on a phone call to set up a surgery time.

On another note, I had a good Christmas.  The whole family was home together for the first time in 9 years so it had been quite awhile and it was very nice to have both brothers home.  Jake came home on Wednesday the 21st and Mark and his wife Sana came home Christmas Eve morning.  We celebrated with games, movies, presents, laughter and FOOD.    I hope everyone else's Christmas was splendid as well.

 (our 2011 Christmas tree)

 (The first night Jake was home we frosted homemade sugar cookies)

 (Jakey frosting a cookie)



 (I made these special for my White Stripes obsession)



 (Jake's beautiful curly black hair :) )

(The whole family - from left to right -
Jake, Georgia (mom), Dennis (dad) Me, Mark (oldest of us), Sana (Mark's wife) )




No comments: