Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011


"The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all."  

Well, it is the last day of 2011.  I'd say good riddance but there's one thing in particular I got out of 2011 that I cherish.  And that's so many new friendships I made as well as the building of old friendships.  Most of my new friendships that I cherish so came out of White Stripes and the Dead Weather fan groups!!  But also my blog and WBC.  I feel so rich in good, REAL, TRUE friendships.

So I guess I'm looking forward to 2012 and hope it will bring a good year full of possibilities and happiness.  So, you might be wondering my New Year's Resolutions...I haven't really given much thought to them but here's my top five:

1.  LOSE WEIGHT!!  I'm tired of this blown up body I'm living in.  2012 is the year it's going to finally come up off since putting it on in the hospital in 2008.

2.  SAVE MORE MONEY!!!  I'm hoping eventually I'm gonna be on my own again and I'm gonna need a little nest egg for myself.

3.  SPEND MORE TIME WITH MY FRIENDS!!  I need to stop being nervous and get out there.

4.  MORE PATIENCE!!  This is a big one for me.

5.  GET INTO A MASTERS PROGRAM!!  Now this may not happen because the GRE's needed to be taken by December 15th but there are some programs that give you until sometime in February and there are some schools that don't even require them so I'm still working on this one....

I think that's a good start.  So, goodbye 2011 and hello 2012.   Also goodbye to my 20's and hello to my 30's (I turn 30 on Jan 23rd).  So maybe this really will be a good year.  Lots of changes.  But most of all I just wish I wasn't alone.  I have made some wonderful friendships that I cherish, but having a significant other helps fill a void in my heart and soul.  But thank you to all those incredibly awesome new friends I have made this year and to my old friends with which I have become closer to for all your love, friendship, and support.  You are all a star that shines through on my black sky, a light that penetrates the darkness.

(me, 2011, after 32 surgeries)

No comments: