Wednesday, December 14, 2011

"Puking" All My Anger Out

I had an interesting therapy appointment yesterday....yeah, another interesting one.  The reason I say this is because pretty much all my therapy appointments are interesting cause my therapist is quite a lady and I've always got something interesting to say so....

Anyway, we talked about how unhappy and angry I was and she replied with, "Unhappy and angry with what?"  So I listed off numerous things but she wanted to know the very root, the very core of it and after I awhile I said, "I hate this body I'm stuck in," and that's exactly what she was searching for to hear from me to which she replied, "well, why the fuck wouldn't you be?  And having someone ask you 'what's wrong?' is only icing on the cake like, 'you step inside my body for a day and then you ask me again what's wrong!'"  And she's so right.  I have EVERY RIGHT to be angry as hell at whomever it is to be mad at at the time.  She gave me an interesting piece of advice which comes from a new kind of therapy called Hokum Therapy.  She said, "why don't you try just letting your anger ride, ride it out, let it all out."  She said if writing is my expression than I should just write completely unsensored.  Just "puke" all my anger onto the page.  Now you may be thinking that I've done that several times.  But I must say, I haven't really "puked" ALL my anger onto the page (sorry for the use of the word puke but it's the best way to describe it).  I mean just let loose with everything I feel.  She said, don't be surprised if you find some violence in your writing so it would be best if I didn't let anyone read what I write when I'm letting loose my anger on the page.  So I'm contemplating whether this is a good platform to do that or if I should do it privately.  I don't want anyone to freak out at anything I write but I also want you to hear my voice no matter what the subject and for those people whom feel alone their feelings can find solace in what I write.  You may say well, people have the choice to read it or not.  Well, I WANT people to read my blog.  It gives a voice to many people, or so my friends and followers say so I don't want people to NOT be reading it.  I wish this blog had more publicity like Stephanie Nielson's.  There's an idea...wanna make me a little more happy?  GET THIS BLOG OUT THERE like Stephanie's!!!  I challenge you to share this blog with your friends and family and even acquaintances and encourage them to become a follower and share it with THEIR friends and family and even acquaintances.  And I encourage you to leave comments as I read all of them and often reply so come back to check to see what I'VE WROTE.  GET THIS BLOG OUT THERE so I can give a voice to even more people and help people who think that what they're feeling is wrong or that they're not alone.

No comments: