Friday, December 2, 2011

My Amazing Friend, Jessa

This post is for and in honor of a very dear and close friend of mine, Jessa Eagan Gray.  Just this morning she posted about how she wishes things were easier for her as a mom because all she really wants to do is be a mommy and a wife (she is a single mother, btw).  My heart sunk for her when she said that because it relates to my mother in one way in that all she wanted to do was be a mommy but we didn't have the money for her to stay home so she had to go to work.  Now my mother's not a single mom, she has my dad but I know how her heart yearns to do just what Jessa said.  But my heart also sunk because Jessa is an amazing woman, friend and mother.  She has been an amazing friend to me, always doing things above and beyond what is asked of her as a friend, especially being a single mom.  And as a mom!  Whew!  What a mom she is!  She's a single mother to TWO kids!  And she still manages to be an amazing woman, daughter, sister and friend!!  There are so many friends of mine that just don't make time for me and they don't nearly have on their plate what she has on hers and she still makes time for me whether by FB, phone call, text, or most of all, coming to see me in the hospital where she CAN'T take her kids so she has to get someone to watch them.  I just cannot tell you how I admire her.  And if you've ever met her kids, you should be even more in awe of her cause her kids are the best!  I mean she runs around in the early morning to get herself ready and then her kids ready and then she has to trot off to work and then, exhausted, she comes home to continue taking care of the kids.  But she has raised two kids on her own and they have turned out to be amazing and bright little boys.

Jessa gets down sometimes and gets down on herself sometimes and that breaks my heart because I want nothing but for her to be the happiest girl on earth with someone she loves by her side to help her with the kids and everything else that is on her plate.  She has so many people that love her that hate to see her post things like she posted this morning so I just had to write about her and hopefully cheer her up and show her that she is not alone in her sorrow and to show her what she has accomplished!!  I mean, raising two amazing kids on your own is quite a feat.  Remember that, Jessa.  I know you just want to be a mommy and a wife and I know, I KNOW someday you will.  You will find that one someone who fills the every need of your soul.  And I know this because I know he's already looking for you, too and you two will find each other and you will get to be that mommy and that wife you're dreaming for.  I know today seems like a  hard day but remember that stubborn little boy this morning is really a rare gem that you created.  You're amazing, Jessa.  In every way I could write about.

My beautiful, wonderful, amazing friend, Jessa

1 comment:

MSK said...

I am so glad you have a friend like Jessa! It is so important for us to have those special close friends. Close friends to share thoughts and feelings with. There are so many fakes and phonies out there that sometimes it gets discouraging. Especially in the age of facebook, twitter and whatever other kind of social media is out there.
People seem to have gotten so superficial and narcissistic in the last decade. So it's great when you can find those rare TRUE friends!!