Monday, August 16, 2010

A letter to Jack White

Dear Jack,

My name is Sarah Watterson and I am, I swear to you, your biggest fan....#1. I'm crazy about you and your music. I've been crazy about you and your music for 10 years now. I think you're just incedibly amazing and inspiring. It was because of you, you know, that I went vinyl. I hope you're proud of me for that :)

You have always been the constant in my life. Through a terrible break-up, both my grandparents dying, the scariness of moving to NYC, when i brokedown and had to come home and now this accident, where I was burned terribly and almost died. You have been there, always. Whenever I go into surgery I always listen to you beforehand to calm me down. true story. but you have never left me like others have in my life. you've always been there with your music to help me through whatever situation. And I want to thank you for that.

but mostly, in my writing this, I want to tell you that i want you to come visit me in the hospital. I'd rather you come to la Grande so I can fix myself up and look nice for you :) but when i really think about it, I think I would most benefit from your visit if you came to the hospital one of these times. You know Taylor Lautner visited Nienie Nielson, another burn victim? So i think it's time for you to pay your dues to your number 1 fan. As my friend Carly has said, I think it would be good for your Karma if you did :) I would absolutely die if you visited me. I'd be semi-upset that i would look so terrible for my first meeting with you (cause you don't always look your best in a hospital) but i would soon get over that. Just to be in your private presence I would never forget it and always be grateful for it.

So if you have the time, i know you're done touring right now, I would be eternally thankful if you came to the hospital to see me. BTW, I'm the one you sent your drumsticks and guitar picks to. yup, that's me! I will be in the hospital for a few days starting Aug 20, 2010 and then will return Aug 30th to be in the hospital for at least 5 days. Any one of those times is fine :)

Once again, I love you jack and i love your music. You're absolutely incredible in my eyes.

All my love, Sarahbeth Watterson

No comments: