Sunday, August 22, 2010

Successful Number 23!

Round 1 Success!!! Everything went smoothly, which is just unheard of with me. So I'm very happy. I just hope Round 2 of this procuedure goes just as smoothly if not better, if that's possible. So now i'm laid up with a JP drain coming out of my leg:

Looks like it hurts, eh? well yes it does. it's pretty sore.

Here is the actual flap of skin that the doc cut out, thinned out and stitched back down. Doesn't look like a lot but it really is. this piece of skin will then be completely cut off and placed on my neck next week for the second round of this procedure.

I had quite the welcoming when I made it to the Burn Center. Everyone was like, "Hey Sarah! We've been waiting for you!" I had several of the old nurses who originally took care of me come in to say hello so that was really cool. They made me feel like the princess of the burn center :)

And it was quite the surprise when the doctor came in to see me the next morning and said, "How do you feel about going home today?" I was like, "umm...okay!" One of the nurses, Wendy (she calls me her sweet pea) was not very happy about it though cause she had me as her patient for that day and there I was, leaving already!

Well, 7 more days till the second surgery of this procedure. I'm feeling pretty good rightnow, except for being sore and in a little bit of pain.


Hallelujiah for a successful surgery!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sarah, you are an inspiration! Awesome job to your poor, overworked body at handling this last surgery so perfectly. I *know* the next one is going to go well!

Loving reading lately. So cool about you getting the stuff from Jack White, and I loved your letter to him. :)

Thank you for being a voice for PTSD and what it is like to live with. The world needs more people like you.

I'm getting the sense that you're feeling better these last couple of weeks than you had been for a while, and that makes me SO happy.

Much love!

Amanda