Friday, August 27, 2010

A Shout Out To My Mom

I know I've written about my mother before but I just wanted to give another shout out to my mom again for all that she has done, put up with, and sacrificed for.

She is practically a nurse anymore and could go back to school to be a nurse and pass with flying colors if she wanted to because of her practice with me. I mean, just yesterday she removed a Jackson Pratt (JP) Drain from my leg and let me tell you, those are not always the easiest things to remove because they are so far down into the skin and wound. The tube isn't just barely stuck in there, it probably went 8 inches down into my wound so she had to keep pulling and pulling and she did it wonderfully. She was gentle and it didn't hurt too bad. What an amazing mom!

And on top of that she has to decide what topical medicines to apply on to any breakdowns that cause open wounds in my grafts. She reminds me to take my blood sugar before every meal. She also gives me all my medicine, how much and when they should be taken. I mean she really is practically a nurse. And she is always there when I have my surgeries and always there at the hospital during my time there. She usually gets to the hospital around 10am when visiting hours open and leaves around 8:30 when visiting hours are over. So she sacrifices her job to be there and she sacrifices good rest in order to be there all day with me, even if i'm just sleeping.

So here's a big, loving shout out to you mom for all your sacrifices and neverending love. I love you with all my heart and i thank you from the bottom of my soul for all that you do for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah For MOM!! Sarah you are very lucky to have such a good caregiver. It is awesome of you to recognize that Sarah!