Saturday, July 17, 2010

Getting Back In Touch with All My Irish Friends

I have recently had the pleasure of reconnecting with dear old friends from my old workplace back in New York - House of Brews. Only two remain there - the owner and one of the bartenders - the other two have moved on. One of them is now bartender somewhere else in New York and the other has moved back to Ireland. His name is Barry and he moved back to Ireland because his mother was sick (and eventually passed away) and I adored him. I still do and we recently became friends on Facebook and have written a few emails back and forth and are having the best time reminiscing. We had just a wonderful, silly friendship and I'm so excited to hopefully get it back.

My old employer and owner of The House of Brews also wrote me an email saying he was thinking of me with everything I'm going through and told me when I come back to New York he will have a pint of guiness (he's Irish too) waiting for me. That gave me a good smile and nice fuzzy feeling inside. In fact, getting back in touch with Barry gives me that nice fuzzy feeling inside because we were close in a unique way and boy did we have some laughs together and I mean rich, soulful laughs. I used to yell at him, "Baaaarry! I need...." and he would always reply in his cute irish accent, "I here ye!"

So I've decided that the first place I'm going once I can leave this country and take a vacation for myself (and maybe with a couple buddies) is Ireland to see Barry. I used to bartend with another guy named Terry (i know it's funny...Barry and Terry) and he's back in Ireland now too so I can see him as well. This will be such a fun, fun trip. I have got to start saving. I miss Barry so much and I just love him dearly.

Anyway, these new contacts, especially Barry's, have brought happiness to my days...for now anyway. And that has been hard to come by lately so thank you Barry, Tony, Kieran, and Colin...all my Irish boys. You've brought smiles to my face and especially to my heart. I hope we will continue to keep in touch and I hope, someday, to see you in NY Tony for that pint of guiness and to see you in Ireland Barry!

No comments: