Friday, July 23, 2010

Manager wins Best Director and Best Screenplay!

So as you all know, I have spoken of an Independent film that I was going to be in back in New York. Well, things did not turn out as I had hoped so instead of casting someone else, they basically got rid of my character except for voiceovers like over intercoms. So I recorded some lines and sent it to them and then they used it in the film so I was kinda in it but you only ever hear my voice because I was just not well enough to go to travel to New York and be in front of a camera. This was highly upsetting but at least I got to be a part of it in some small way.

Well, the film has first gone to the New York Independent Film Festival and it won for best screenplay and best director and that director is my manager. So I'm extremely proud of him. This is like the fourth time he's won in this festival but this is a special one cause it was a screenplay he had been working on for about 10 years trying to get it done and he finally did and won recognition for it. I just wish I was back there and had been in the film as planned and been able to celebrate this great accomplishment.

He is next taking it to Cannes Film Festival and I plan on being there for that! I hope anyway....but the investors who have invested in this film have contracted him to do three more films because they really loved his directing style and my dear, dear manager is going to have me in all of them because he knows how much acting is my dream, my life. Luckily, I plan on definitely being in these films this time because the first one is not until October of next year at the earliest and by then I should be looking pretty good.

I am not going to give up on my dream of acting. It can happen for me, I know it. So congratulations to Joe Goodavage, my manager and winner of Best Director and Best Screenplay for The Last Gamble. Him and I are going to be like Burton and Depp, Scorsese and DiCaprio. I am going to have one great story to tell someday when I'm a big star :) And I am gonna be a big star.....

My manager and I at the 2006 New York Independent Film Festival

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sarah, this is amazing! I'm glad you're feeling charged and like being a star is going to happen for you, even if you don't feel that way all the time. I know you have a big life ahead of you!