Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Strong Enough to Handle It

Mother Theresa once said, "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much."

Many of my friends have also agreed with Mother Theresa telling me that God hasn't given me anything in my life that He knew I couldn't handle. Well if there is a God, He certainly gave me something BIG that I guess He knew I could handle because I almost died 2 1/2 years ago and have suffered BIG time ever since. So I guess He must trust me almost as much as He trusted Mother Theresa because He dealt me an accident that almost killed me. I wish He didn't trust me so much. Because if I was a weaker person, maybe this would have never happened. So my question is, is it better to be a weaker person so that God will not deal you a bad hand just because He thinks you can handle it? I guess He thought I was a strong enough person to handle it so He dealt me a bad hand. A very, very bad hand. Somehow, that seems like cruel and unusual punishment to me.

I'm about to go through my 23rd and 24th surgery this next month so I guess I'm a pretty strong person to manage to go through all of this and not be on suicide watch. But I break down often so how strong am I really? I completely agree with Mother Theresa: I wish He didn't trust me so much because maybe this would have never happened if I wasn't so "strong" to "handle" this kind of accident. It just doesn't seem fair. But then, I suppose, life isn't fair. I found that out the hard way.

No comments: