Saturday, October 30, 2010

Finally, A Good Day

I finally had a great day after a series of down and out, depressing and painful days. It started with a wonderful cup of coffee which led to coffee out at Denny's for breakfast followed by a quick look at the Presbyterian Bazaar and ended our outing at Wal-Mart where we did some errand shopping. We then came home and started in on carving pumpkins. This year we went with simple, classic faces. Nothing really fancy.

(Dad cleaning out the pumpkins)


(Me drawing on one of the pumpkin faces. Nice tissue expander on my back eh?)


(Mom also drawing on face on the pumpkins)


(Dad, the Master Carver, carving out our designs)


(Our finished products for Halloween 2010!)


(Silly Daddy)


After the carving of the pumpkins was done, we got ourselves ready for the Oregon vs. USC game. Dad and I wore matching Oregon Ducks pajama pants and we ate finger foods for dinner while we watched the game. And the Ducks won!

And now here I am, writing at the end of a very wonderful and best of all, pain free day. I have also had a switch in medications to hopefully help my restlessness and help me focus and concentrate better. And so far I think it is helping! I saw my therapist and told her I felt like I had ADD or ADHD and then I saw my psychiatrist who handles my medications and told him of my new symptoms and he took me off one medication and started me on a different one that I think is actually helping. It may be too early to tell yet but I certainly have felt better the past two days.

Tomorrow is Halloween, my second favorite holiday (Christmas being my favorite). It is the beginning of the holiday season. I love this time of year.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to read about your lovely day! :-)

Shannon said...

sounds like a wonderful day! And yay for a change in meds!

rikkijo said...

Huzah Sarah! That is an eventful day. The photos are wonderful too!!! I especially like the one of the pumpkins lined up with your dad. :-)

Sarah Beth Watterson said...

Thanks everyone for your wonderful support. You are all so gracious! xo

dcscrivy said...

I am so glad that you had a great day! Those are always my favorite too, just spending time with my family! Your pumpkins are very cute!