Friday, October 22, 2010

"It'll Be All Right Again, I'm Ok"

"It'll be all right again, I'm ok."

I was inspired by those seven simple words, sung by the musical group "Sugarland," to write this morning. Will it ever be all right again? Will I ever be ok? I like to fantasize that those words will ring true in my life one day. But I don't think it'll just be all right again by itself. I have to be proactive in making it all right again. it won't just be so by itself. Nothing can be so by itself. You must always be proactive for things to happen in your life. Unless you're bloody rich, things you want in life won't just come to you such as your career and even your love life.

However, sometimes, things go wrong in your life and make it even harder to achieve such things. That's where I'm at right now. Something terrible has happened in my life and to my body and even damaged my heart to where I have to learn to pick myself up and stop thinking the way that I do about my life. I must rewire my brain to think, "it'll be all right again, I'm ok." I must be an electrician of my own brain and heart. But I feel like such damaged goods that rewiring is impossible. How do I become proactive in my life like I was my first couple of years in New York City? I worked so hard those first couple of years. But now I fear I must work even harder because of my circumstances. I know I have taken the first couple steps in going back to school but paying for it is holding me back because I don't want another loan. And I'm scared of taking those steps to getting my life back. When you haven't had a life in 2 1/2 years it is exciting to get a life back but it is also scary because you are finally picking up the pieces in your life and putting them back together, like a puzzle that has been torn apart by God.

It's scary to think what that puzzle of your life is going to look like now that the pieces have changed. Because the pieces have changed, the shape and colors of the puzzle of my life have changed. Even the ultimate picture has changed and I don't know what that picture is going to look like. I don't think anyone really knowns what the picture of their puzzle is ultimately going to look like because it is constantly changing, but, for most people, it is constantly changing in a positive direction. The puzzle of my life was torn apart and changed in a negative way. I was burned. My life was burned. But I must learn to be the electrician of my own mind and rewire it to think positively, to think "it'll be all right again, I'm ok." And once I can do that, I can pick up the pieces of my broken puzzle with confidence and bravery and not be afraid of what I will see as I put piece by piece together.

It'll be all right again, I'm ok.

1 comment:

noelle_markuson said...

Hey read your story. Hang in there. It'll be okay. Just don't give up hope too quickly. You might find comfort that there are a lot of people that are in far worse situations than yourself. Just pray for them too.