Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Jack White


I feel as though i must explain my blog ID: mrsjackwhite. In 2001 I became a HUGE fan of the band The White Stripes. The lead singer in that band was Jack White was actually born John Anthony Gillis and was the 7th (the youngest son) of 10 children. In 1997 Jack formed the band The White Stripes with Meg White (from whom he took his last name) . In 2001 they released their first album: The White Stripes and made 5 more albums after that for a total of 6. Then in 2005 Jack started a new band called The Raconteurs which was made up of a bunch of old friends. This was a much different sound and it was great, still is. The White Stripes is not so active anymore but there are rumours of a seventh album!. Then in 2009 Jack came out with ANOTHER band called The Dead Weather which Jack White then took the backseat of the band and plays the drums, which made me sad cause one of the reasons I love him his unique voice. I love to listen to his vocal styles. I also love him for his incredible genius as a musician. He writes his own stuff, produces and his lyrics and music are just plain amazing. He is definitely a rock n roll artist to be reckoned with. In fact, just recently The Rolling Stones passed on the torch to Jack.

Another reason why I love Jack White so is because later on around 2003, i began to have troubles with my boyfriend. Big troubles. And i could always turn to his music to make me feel better; to dull the horrible pain. No matter what happened between my boyfriend and I and when we finally broke up, I could always turn to Jack's music for comfort. And to this day, if i'm upset, angry or having a bad day, all I have to do is listen to Jack and all my worries melt away....for awhile anyway :) And now that i have had my accident I turn to him again to take me away from the pain and the realization of what happened
to me. I dream of the day I finally get to meet him so Jack or any crew or friends of Jack White, if you read this, ple
ase, I would die to meet my idol!


To get a great and full biography go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_White

No comments: