Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Life Is..." ~Mother Teresa

"Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it."
Mother Teresa

This is one of the most beautiful poems I have ever read. Of course, it comes from Mother Teresa but it is so identifiable to many people either by either the whole poem or pieces of it. Wouldn't you agree? For me, it is of course the whole poem but there are particular pieces that REALLY speak to me such as: "Life is a challenge, meet it," "Life is a duty, complete it," "Life is sorrow, overcome it," "Life is a struggle, accept it," "Life is a tragedy, confront it," and "Life is life, fight for it." See a theme for me there? All pieces that speak about sorrow or struggles or tragedy. But for me the piece, "Life is life, fight for it," really says something to me because even though I know that I am fighting for my life and I fought for my life when the accident happened but I don't FEEL like I'm fighting for my life. I feel like I'm doing nothing. What can I do to where I feel like I AM FIGHTING for my life? When will I BE fighting for my life? I'm tired of feeling like a loser of a burn survivor, or even just a loser of life in general. I know that this feeling is extremely unhealthy emotionally and can even start to take a toll on you physically. So how do I beat it? How do I fight for my life? Seems like I'm running in place, like I'm not going anywhere.

No comments: